Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Since my last post, my life has turned into a whirlwind.  I have collected so many things I want to write about, but I just haven't had time.  I have recently realized a new purpose to my life. Writing this blog has been my one sanity check against all the psychopaths running our government.  It has been the one thing I felt I could do to help bring about change. All of that has changed.

On Saturday, May 5, 2012, I attended a local gun show.  As I meandered around, I noticed a politician's table.  I didn't know who this person was or what party she represented, and never being one to back down from the possibility of a good political discourse, I approached the table.  I was wearing my "Retired Navy CPO" ballcap and immediately the "candidate" stepped out from behind the table to shake my hand and thank me for my service.

I asked her what party she was affiliated with and much to my dismay, she replied Republican.  Darn, I was itching for a battle of words and it turned out that she was on the "Right" side after all.  She introduced herself as Brenda Lenard and told me she was running against Boob Corker.  We started talking, and her platform was 99% the same as my beliefs.  She asked me if I was willing to volunteer some time to help her with her campaign and I readily said "YES!". It has been non-stop since then. 

She asked me to attend a "Meet and Greet" with her in Athens, TN on Tuesday evening. I spent a lot of time Sunday and Monday preparing some samples of ideas that I had to help her campaign.  I took the items with me to Athens and she was ecstatic about my ideas.  When she learned about my background in Public Affairs, Teaching, Photography, Videography and Design work, she asked me to become her "Campaign Strategist" and after pointing out that I wanted to make sure that title wouldn't confuse me with Boob Bechel, the Democrat side of "Fair and Balanced" on Fox News "The Five", who was a Democrat Campaign Strategist back in Jiminy Carter days, I agreed.

Had a meeting with her and our website devloper last night from 5 to 9.  She's coming by shortly to meet about preparing the written content for the website and have it ready to post on the website when it is nearly finished.  Going to Lewisburg, TN tomorrow for the Reagan Day Dinner when I will get to meet the rest of the members of the campaign team.

The "Bottom Line" is that I finally feel I am really doing something important for my country. Something I truly have been missing since I retired from the Navy.

Oh...by the way...if you aren't OUTRAGED at Obama...You really aren't paying attention !!!!!!

WAKE - UP AMERICA BEFORE WE BECOME AMERIKA !

No comments: